WE NO LONGER HAVE INDIVIDUAL PAGES FOR EACH CHAPTER. ALL UPDATES, MEETING INFO, DIRECTIONS, ETC. ARE NOW ON THE CALENDAR.
You will need to have:
- A Web browser
- A Word Processing program that can edit “HTML” such as Microsoft Word
- Open your current page from your browser on the Internet
- Your links are listed below, at the bottom of this page
- If you have more than one page for your branch, download whichever ones you want to change. I will get them back into the right places later, so don’t worry
- When page is open, use the command to “save”
- You will get a choice of “text” “source” (or “html source”) and maybe “archive”
- You will choose “source” or “html source” (“Source” is the key word here. This is the source of your pretty page.)
- Save the file somewhere convenient for you.
- You can close your browser and disconnect from the Internet now if you like.
- From inside MS Word, go to “open html” (or “open” and then choose html documents as the type) and select the file you just saved.
- Edit it as you like.
- Don’t worry about styles except maybe bold, italic and so on.
- Setting tabs, paragraph styles, tables and so on will probably not get saved anyway, so don’t mess with it.
- The graphic for CHADD probably won’t show up, nor will the background picture, and that’s fine for now.
- Just put in text and dates and so on as you want them.
- If there is something that you can’t get to work, just add a comment in the text of how you want it.
- Save “as html” from inside Word.
- A regular save may change it into a file with all of the source programming code revealed instead of just executed.
- It looks like nonsense. You will see commands like “<head>” all through it.
- If you get stuck here, send it to me anyway, and I can untangle it.
- You can test it by opening this new file now with your browser. It should look a little like your page!
- Send it to me as an attachment on an e-mail
- Add any instructions that are not in the document
- Then look at your page at http://www.chaddnorcal.org/YourBranch !!