Parent to Parent: Family Training on AD/HD, All Types
An education program for and by expert parents of children & teens with AD/HD
CLASSES STARTING SOON:
SAN JOSE – class begins September 26, 2017 @ Kaiser Permanente San Jose (contact Mary Kelly @ 408-365-9965 or by email)
FREMONT – classes will be held on October 14 & 21, 2017 from 9am-3:30pm @ Kaiser Fremont (contact Shari Gent by email)
CLASSES ARE ALSO HELD THROUGHOUT THE YEAR IN GREATER SACRAMENTO, LIVERMORE, AND WALNUT CREEK (inquire below)
For details on classes and locations, go to our calendar (CLICK HERE) and find the date of the class you are interested in. Or, once at our calendar, scroll down and click on the “Parent-to-Parent Family Training” category to refine your search. To express interest in future classes, fill out the form at bottom of this page.
A Seven-Session Program for Adults
and Parents of Children and Adolescents with AD/HD
This unique educational program includes expert, state of the art information on AD/HD (all types) plus optional group interaction that covers information essential to the successful management of AD/HD. And, best of all, the training was designed by parents and AD/HD experts who have faced the same struggles, questions and challenges you do.
Each family will receive a Parent to Parent Manual of background material, resources and articles to supplement what you are learning in the class. Cost: CHADD Members $125.00, Non-Members $178.00. The curriculum covers it all:
- Overview of AD/HD, All Three Types
- Assessment to Integrated/Multimodal Treatment
- Managing the Impact(s) of AD/HD on the Family
- Creating Developmentally Age Appropriate Positive Behavior Interventions
- Developing Parenting Strategies and Positive Behavior Interventions That Strengthen Relationships
- What Do I Do When My Child is Having Difficulty at School?
- Educational Rights for Your Child with AD/HD
- Includes Executive Functioning Deficits & Federal Laws: 504 Plans & IDEA
- Working with the Schools: Building an Education Team That Works: Bridging the Gap Between Home & School
- AD/HD Across the Life Span: Resiliency, Teen Challenges & Adult Life with AD/HD
Contact: Judy Marshall, 510-352-2103
Go to the calendar page. Once at our calendar, scroll down and click on the “Parent-to-Parent Family Training” category to refine your search.
If there are no scheduled classes in your area, fill out the form below and we will contact you when the next class is scheduled.