Parent to Parent: Family Training on AD/HD, All Types
An education program for and by expert parents of children & teens with AD/HD
CLASSES STARTING SOON:
WALNUT CREEK (in progress): August 16, 23, 30, Sept. 6, 13, 20, 27, 2016
SAN JOSE: September 13, 20, 27, Oct. 4, 11, 18, Nov. 1, 2016
FREMONT: October 8 & 15, 2016
LIVERMORE: October 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27, Nov. 1, 3, 2016
For details on classes and locations, go to our calendar (CLICK HERE) and find the date of the class you are interested in. Or, once at our calendar, see “Types of Events” on the left side; click the down area and select “Parent to Parent Training”. To express interest in future classes, fill out the form at bottom of this page.
A Seven-Session Program for Adults
and Parents of Children and Adolescents with AD/HD
This unique educational program includes expert, state of the art information on AD/HD (all types) plus optional group interaction that covers information essential to the successful management of AD/HD. And, best of all, the training was designed by parents and AD/HD experts who have faced the same struggles, questions and challenges you do.
Each family will receive a Parent to Parent Manual of background material, resources and articles to supplement what you are learning in the class. Cost: CHADD Members $125.00, Non-Members $178.00. The curriculum covers it all:
- Overview of AD/HD, All Three Types
- Assessment to Integrated/Multimodal Treatment
- Managing the Impact(s) of AD/HD on the Family
- Creating Developmentally Age Appropriate Positive Behavior Interventions
- Developing Parenting Strategies and Positive Behavior Interventions That Strengthen Relationships
- What Do I Do When My Child is Having Difficulty at School?
- Educational Rights for Your Child with AD/HD
- Includes Executive Functioning Deficits & Federal Laws: 504 Plans & IDEA
- Working with the Schools: Building an Education Team That Works: Bridging the Gap Between Home & School
- AD/HD Across the Life Span: Resiliency, Teen Challenges & Adult Life with AD/HD
Classes are offered in Berkeley, Fremont, Los Altos, Marin, Pleasanton, San Jose (English & Spanish), Sacramento and Walnut Creek.
Contact: Judy Marshall, 510-352-2103
Go to the calendar page. On the left side of the page under “Types of Events” select “Parent to Parent Training”.
If there are no scheduled classes in your area, fill out the form below and we will contact you when the next class is scheduled.